Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas treats

So much has happened in the last two weeks, but so little time to sit down and write a post about any of it. But Christmas cookies are done, there are funnily less obligations around the house (if that is even possible in this time of the year), so it is time to bring in some xmas blogger spirit that has been with me from the very beginning of the month.


Photobucket


As the December begins, so does my pumped up creative mood, motivation and inspiration. I love to focus it on the useful projects, so i have been all around.

The first DIY I started was a few days before December.. and it was an Advent calender for two of my closest friends. You can generally buy chocolate calenders of this kind, but I decided to put a little gift in each of the boxes. Luckily, I got the idea and a tutorial on how to make it in the Do!ts magazine So here is how it all went...

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

I used up all the possible little boxes I was able to find in the house, painting them over with spray paint, sprinkling glitter on them.. I used up the satin ribbons and buttons for the closure.. Oh, and 24 gifts for each box, of course..
It was all small gifts like Pez candy, bubble bath bomb, jewelry, make up.. everything that I assumed would make someone happy after waking up and opening a new box.  And truthfully, I hope it was a success.

Photobucket

After finishing the calendar, I visited the Kuhari.com studio, where we filmed two Christmas cooking videos - for Red velvet cupcakes and Gingerbread men.

Christmas spirit also brings out the spirit of generosity, so I also participated in a charity my past University organizer. I hopped in with joy, knowing I can contribute with that I love to do most - baking. I joined the charity sale with a kilo of colorful Christmas cookies and 50 mini chocolate cupcakes, all decorated in Xmas spirit. I did not stay till the end of the sale, but I was told that almost all of them were gone on that first day of the charity fair. Here are a few photos from the fair..



Photobucket  Photobucket 

Photobucket Photobucket

Beside all the cookies and cupcakes, I also had a few cake orders, but this was definitely my favorite. A cake for my Entertainment company - Carpe diem, where I started working 6 years ago. This year they celebrated their 10th year of existence, so my colleagues and I decided to join up and make a cake that would showcase their mascote - a honeybee.


Photobucket


Around our big central bee (the director), there were also 6 small bees (the rest of the managers), plus it was all yellow-black from the inside too, just like the real bee.

 Photobucket Photobucket

We brought the cake as a surprise on our Christmas party, which also turned out to be a thank-you cake for the prize I won with my this years team.

Photobucket

Photobucket


And as a cherry on the top, my wonderful blogger friend Tamara from  Bite my cake sent me the invitation for an Electrolux and Večernji list cooking workshop, where I got the chance to meet the amazingly sweet Lana from the blog Le Cheflja and also Tadeja which writes the TNT column for the Do!ts magazine. I also had some nice time with one of my favorite foodie friends, Tihana a.k.a. Just Cake Girl, all that while preparing my first ever leg of lamb under the advice of our croatian Masterchef Šime Sušić. Here are a few photos from the event.


Photobucket Photobucket



Photobucket Photobucket
  Photobucket

Photobucket

And so, with this post I just wanned to show how bad I feel for being away from this blog and not writing in more often. Because I do have so much to share, I am just catching time to actually do it.

Hope you enjoyed the photos and till next (hopefully sooner) time.
I promise!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment