Friday, March 25, 2011

Sweet corruption

Last week I made specially intriguing cupcakes for my directors birthday. In intention to make everyone laugh with it, but also wish them a financially successful season, came out these sweet corruption cupcakes.


Photobucket

Euro, dollar, whatever other currency- are illegal to give out as a bribe in the paper form.. and we are clear about that.. But nobody ever said anything about the sweet form.. and I can't think of anybody minding it either.

Photobucket

 As we had St. Patrick's day that same week too, I put it together with the birthday, to create the Pot of gold cupcakes..


Photobucket

Unfortunately, my version did not consist of a rainbow because the rainbow bailed on me when I needed her most.. so she was left out! The pot of gold are actually pots of tempered chocolate, filled with the vanilla frosting and with the "gold coin" sprinkles..


Photobucket
Photobucket




..and those dollars and euros were made out of fondant, left to dry and harden up over night, and then covered with egg white for shine afterwards.

Photobucket

But thats not all that I wanned to share with you in this post. Since I started doing this blog, I promised one lady the simplest chocolate muffin recipe ever. She mentioned she always gives up on making a batch of her own because it always seems like so much work.. so she just buys a instant powder for the muffins, mixes it up and finds them good enough.
As I am a huge supporter of making things from scratch, I decided to share this really simple, fast and delicious chocolate muffin recipe. Foolproof!!!
And as I am not someone who would tell you something is super easy, but than in the end requires 4 days of work, 5 types of baked cakes and cremes, 2 days of chilling and the ingredient impossible to find, you can be certain I am seriously promising you a recipe EVERYONE can make.. and have great results!
The recipe follows!


Photobucket
Chocolate muffins with banana (makes 24 muffins)
300g sugar
250g flour
70g cocoa powder (bitter)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 salt
2 eggs
2 bananas (pureed)
240ml lukewarm water
120ml milk
120ml oil
2 tsp vanilla extract

Now that you have read all the ingredients, you might be thinking- I think she was wrong, this does sound quite challenging, this might not be for me. But you will surely change your mind when I tell you all you have to do with all these ingredients is simply to MIX THEM ALL UP. Told you, I still haven't met someone who can mess up this recipe.
So, in one bowl mix up all the dry ingredients (sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt).
In the other bowl, put together the wet ingredients. Softly mix the eggs, add the rest of the ingredients one by one and mix them so they are well incorporated together.
Put the dry ingredients into the wet ones and- tadaaaaam.. Mix them together! And that is seriously all!

If you ever did muffins before this, the consistency of this batch might seem too runny, like you did something wrong.. But nope, you didn't! Just fill up your muffin cases, bake it on 180°C for about 20min (make the toothpick test). And enjoy them.. Coz I promise you will never feel like the instant box muffins after you try these.. Nothing beats the handmade.. Your handmade muffins. :)  

Photobucket
(if you wish, you can add some frosting, but these are good enough to be served even without)

Advice of the day: And if anybody asks, dont ever admit how making of these muffins was easy.. Enjoy the compliments you get about your baking skills.

Another thing.. whoever I shared this recipe with so far asked me the same thing- can I do it without the banana? Everybody feels as if this will be a fruity muffin if you add banana to it, but in fact, banana is there to give this cake density and juiciness.. not the fruity flavour. So, I guess you can try without it, but I would assume it would be on the expense of the "flavourfullness" of this cake. Its your call..

 Till next time..
Greetings from Zagreb!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment