Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas favorite cookies


Photobucket

PhotobucketLooking at my blog and cakes that I make, it is clear that the majority of my time is spent creating new cupcakes and putting everything in the form of a cup. Friends have even said that they would like to see me in the "Večera za 5" show, but only on condition that all three sequences are in the form of cupcakes.
However, I am sure that very few would expect to hear my formal recognition that Christmas is my favorite time of year because of - traditional cookies.




Throughout the year, traditional cookies and crackers do not attract me at all. But then comes the week before Christmas, and everything changes .. when you get out the old, tested recipes, baked hundreds of times already.. and they suddenly get a new special holiday charm.
And knowing that most girls and women want to prepare something special to their families, I decided to fasten your search process and offer some simple, tried out and my favorite recipes for Christmas cookies ..


5. FINE ROLLS


Photobucket

Small sweet rolls that are irresistible when uncooked (though I would not recommend eating them at  that stage) .. Of course, they are the most delicious while freshly baked. And here is the recipe.

20 dkg flour
15 dkg butter
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon sugar
3 yolks
1 teaspoon baking powder

Knead the mixture and roll out thinly. Coat with filling, roll it into a roll and cut slices about half an inch wide. Lay them on one side and bake in oven at 180 ° C until golden.

Filling:
20 dkg walnuts (ground)
3 egg whites (beat)
20 dkg sugar

Beat the egg whites into snow, add sugar to it and mix it in. Pour in ground walnuts and mix gently by folding it in.



4. Vanilla cookies (Mexican wedding cakes)


Photobucket

In the American edition, these cookies are called Mexican wedding cakes, but for us they are widely known as vanilla cookies. Recently I heard about it from friends from USA who was born in Germany, claiming that she is mostly looking forward to Christmas time, because she associated the grandmother in Germany and the Christmas holidays with these cookies.
The recipe is actually quite simple.
35dkg flour
25dkg butter
10dkg sugar
1 vanilla sugar (or vanilla flavoring)
10dkg walnuts (ground)
1 egg white

Mix all of the above and knead a dough. Make a U form of cookies (or something more creative, if you wish). Bake at 180 ° C for 10-13min, or until they start to get the bottom colored.

3. CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES

Photobucket

For all those addicted to chocolate, this is the right prescription. Finally a cake that is dry and crisp enoug but consists of only creamy part. The recipe I use I have published on  Coolinarika. So the link will point you to it. For Christmas extra special taste, stir a teaspoon or two of alcohol before it hardens. My favorite invention was the Pina Colada-Chocolate Truffles! Two tablespoons in the truffles, the rest in cocktails.

2. COCONUT MACARONS

Photobucket

Our new favorite dry but juicy biscuits, pretty fast and making a great, crunchy taste. All this plus a coconut flavour for me is the ideal combination. So here is the recipe.

4 egg whites
18dkg sugar
teaspoon salt
teaspoon vanilla extract
60g flour
25-30dkg coconut

Mix together the egg whites, sugar and salt (do not beat too much) and cook in the steam (bain marie). Stir with a whisk to combine ingredients, and so on until the mixture becomes warm and slightly creamy.
Photobucket

Remove from the steam, stir vanilla extract and coconut flour (with a spoon), so that all ingredients are evenly mixed. Allow mixture to cool down so that you would be able to roll balls out of it.
Photobucket

Bake Rafaello sized balls at 170 ° C for 10-15min, i.e. until the coconut gets a golden top color. It is your choice of whether you want the balls to be "sleak" or "bushy". My favorite are bushy.

Photobucket


1. Shortbread Cookies


Photobucket
(In my version, because the heart had been built up for Valentine's Day, for star shape use another cutting-see photo No.2 of this post)

The best, the most traditional cookies ever .. recipe that I use for my cakes decorated with royal icing. Irreplacable for Christmas, and also my No.1 cookies. Do I have to mention that usually I do not like dry cakes and biscuits?
This recipe and making process can be found on my previous recipe: Valentine hearts . My advice-do not save on the butter. Indeed, the homemade butter is also very welcome. The flavor of butter in these cookies is priceless! Unforgettable holidays and Merry Christmas to you

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment